Speech & Pronunciation Support
SPEAKING & PRESENTING
Planning for important conversations, rehearsing formal and informal speeches, and even preparing for casual encounters can build your confidence and boost your speaking effectiveness. With spontaneous role-playing and impromptu speeches, as well as rehearsing and revising notes & scripts, I'll help you master techniques for refining your professional speaking skills.
Customized speech coaching & presentation preparation with BEST WORD COACH can enhance your profile with employers, colleagues, customers & associates. Grammar review and idiom/vocabulary development can be included to strengthen your English language arsenal.
- Persuasive requests: job promotions, salary increases
- Attention-getting presentations & talks
- Convincing sales pitches
- Impressive job interviews or auditions
- Concise storytelling: making long stories short!
- Effective small talk
PRONUNCIATION / ACCENT
And you won't be embarrassed -- you'll have my dedicated attention and supportive guidance ... and you may be surprised that it can be FUN to explore the sounds and rhythms of English! I've been working with professionals & students who speak English as a second language for a long time, and I'm continually surprised how enjoyable pronunciation work can be!
You can use our sessions to rehearse your own presentations and prepare for important conversations to build confidence and make adjustments in advance. I'll share audio files as models for you to practice repeating after me, and you can record our sessions to review later for reinforcement. English pronunciation improvement topics include:
- Phonetics: vowel & consonant sounds
- Syllable stress (stressing the right part of a word -- especially important in English!)
- Vowel reduction (reducing unstressed vowels)
- Sentence rhythm (stressing particular words in phrases & sentences)
- Linking between words & syllables
- Pausing in the right places
- Intonation (pitch patterns)
- Practice speeches (rehearsing presentations & anticipated conversations)